HMC-Emission Control System Warranty Statement
YOUR WARRANTY RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Linhai Powersports USA Corporation (hereinafter MFR), are pleased to explain this Emission Control System Warranty on your motorcycle. New motor vehicles must be designed, built, and equipped to meet U.S. EPA standards. MFR must warrant the emission control system on your motorcycle for the period of time listed below provided there has been no abuse, neglect or improper maintenance of your motorcycle.
A Warranty Statement: Replacement Parts, Service and Warranty. Any certification issued under this procedure is conditional upon full compliance with the design and defects emissions warranty requirements in the Federal Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. §7401 et set) for the applicable useful life (as specified in 40 CFR 86.402-78) in which the engine is installed.
Your emission control system may include components such as the carburetor or fuel-injection system, the ignition system, catalytic converter and engine computer. Hoses, belts, connectors and other emission- related assemblies may also be included.
Where a warrantable condition exists, MFR will repair your motorcycle at no cost to you, including diagnosis, parts and labor.
MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY COVERAGE
• The warranty period begins on the date the motorcycle is delivered to the first vehicle owner and subsequently continuous to the ultimate vehicle owner thereafter and covers the useful life of the HMC per for 6,000 km (3,728 miles) or 5 (five) years from the date of initial retail delivery, whichever first occurs.
If an emission -related component on your motorcycle is defective, the defective parts will be repaired or replaced by MFR. This is your Emission Control System DEFECTS WARRANTY.
OWNER’S WARRANTY RESPONSIBILITIES
• As a motorcycle owner, you are responsible for the performance of the required maintenance listed in your owner’s manual. MFR recommends that you retain all receipts covering maintenance on your motorcycle, but MFR cannot deny warranty solely for the lack of receipts or for your failure to ensure the performance of all scheduled maintenance.
• You are responsible for presenting your motorcycle to a MFR dealer as soon as a problem exists. The warranty repairs should be completed in a reasonable amount of time, not to exceed 30 days.
• As the motorcycle owner, you should be aware that MFR may deny your warranty coverage if your motorcycle or a part has failed due to abuse, neglect, improper maintenance or unapproved modifications.
• In case no MFR authorized dealer is in the vicinity, the MFR warranted vehicle's repair can be conducted by a local licensed mechanic workshop. MFR will reimburse the ultimate vehicle owner for all expenses including diagnosis, warrantied part(s) and repair labor charges once paid by the ultimate vehicle owner. MFR will deliver warranted parts to the licensed mechanic workshop or the ultimate vehicle owner for the Warranty repair job done at the MFR approved licensed mechanic workshop at vehicle owner’s convenience with no cost to the ultimate vehicle owner.
• The ultimate vehicle owner will be required to send the original copy of receipt of repairs conducted by the licensed mechanic workshop for reimbursement by the MFR.
If you have any questions regarding your warranty rights and responsibilities, you should contact MFR by the Toll Free 1-844-270-6081. You can always contact U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2000 Traverwood Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48105 for any Emission Control System Warranty related complaints about the MFR. But for actual Warranty related repair job, you should only contact MFR by Warranty service number printed on this Warranty statement included in the Owner's Manual or on MFR’s website; or the Dealer where your vehicle is purchased, or
Part A – Common Information
other MFR authorized local Dealer near you.
LIMITED WARRANTY ON EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM
MFR warrants that each new MFR motorcycle, which includes as standard equipment a headlight, taillight and stoplight, and is street legal:
A.is designed, built and equipped so as to conform at the time of initial retail purchase with all applicable regulations of the United States Environmental Protection Agency and section 42 USC §7521.
B.is free from defects in material and workmanship which cause such motorcycle to fail to conform with applicable regulations of the United States EPA for a period of use of:
1.6,000 km (3,728 miles) or 5 (five) years from the date of initial retail delivery, whichever first occurs.
1.COVERAGE. Warranty defects shall be remedied during customary business hours at any MFR authorized dealer or a licensed mechanic located within the United States of America in compliance with the Federal Clean Air Act and applicable regulations of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Any part or parts replaced under this warranty shall become the property of MFR .
2.LIMITATIONS. This Emission Control System Warranty shall not cover any of the following:
A.Repair or replacement required as a result of
(3)repairs improperly performed or replacements improperly installed;
(4)use of replacement parts or accessories not conforming to MFR’s specifications which adversely affect performance and/or
(5)use in competitive racing or related events.
B.Inspections, replacement of parts and other services and adjustments required for required maintenance.
C.Any motorcycle on which the odometer mileage has been changed so that actual mileage cannot be readily determined.
A.The liability of MFR under this Emission Control System Warranty is limited solely to the remedying of defects in material workmanship by a MFR authorized dealer at its place of business during customary business hours. This warranty does not cover inconvenience or loss of use of the motorcycle or transportation of the motorcycle to or from the MFR dealer. MFR
SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER EXPENSES, LOSS OR DAMAGE, WHETHER
DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY ARISING IN CONNECTION
WITH THE SALE OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MFR VEHICLE FOR ANY
PURPOSE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF ANY
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY
NOT APPLY TO YOU.
B.NO EXPRESS EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM WARRANTY IS GIVEN BY MFR EXCEPT
AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH HEREIN. ANY EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM
WARRANTY IMPLIED BY LAW, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF THE
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS LIMITED TO THE
EXPRESS EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM WARRANTY TERMS STATED IN THIS
WARRANTY. THE FOREGOING STATEMENTS OF WARRANTY ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN
LIEU OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON
HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT
APPLY TO YOU.
C.No dealer is authorized to modify this Limited Emission Control System Warranty.
4.LEGAL RIGHTS. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE
OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE
Part A – Common Information
5.THIS EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM WARRANTY IS IN ADDITION TO THE MFR GENERAL
6.THE EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM WARRANTY REPAIRS ELIGIBILITY EVALUATION
Your vehicle’s eligibility for MFR Warranty repairs shall be evaluated by MFR or at MFR authorize Dealer’s store where your vehicle is purchased. If Warranty repair is done at a local licensed mechanic workshop(with Lic #), the ultimate vehicle owner is required to call or email MFR and provide the following information for Warranty repairs eligibility evaluation prior to your Warranty Claims:
• Invoice number and purchase date;
• VIN number of the vehicle;
• Picture of the faulty parts;
• Labor charge for the repairs quoted by the mechanic workshop;
7.EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM WARRANTY PARTS DELIVERY AND LABOR CHARGE
A.MFR will deliver the repair parts at no cost to the ultimate vehicle owner or the licensed mechanic workshop you choose (if no MFR authorized local dealer is available), using express mail once your vehicle Warranty repairs eligibility is established.
B.The ultimate vehicle owner has to mail in the actual repair cost receipts to MFR for reimbursement.
C.MFR will reimburse the ultimate vehicle owner the Warranty repair labor cost once your Warranty repair is completed by the approved local licensed mechanic workshop.
• MFR recommend that OEM parts be used when Warranty repairs are needed. Nonetheless, any replacement part that is equivalent in performance and durability may be used in the performance of any maintenance or repairs. The MFR Warranty is still effective under such circumstance. However the ultimate vehicle owner is responsible for the performance of all required maintenance listed in your Owner's Manual.
• MFR recommends that you retain all receipts covering maintenance on your vehicle, but MFR cannot deny warranty solely for the lack of receipts or for your failure to ensure the performance of all scheduled maintenance.
9.CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS AND WARRANTY CLAIMS TRACKING
To ensure Warranty parts, complaints and repairs are handled and tracked securely and timely, each Customer Warranty Claim is input into our data base by the retail Dealer/wholesale Dealer via company website. Warranty Claims will be reported which we then review for Warranty Claims tracking management, parts, and credit processing for individual customers.
10. EMISSION DEFECT REPORT TO GOVERNING BODY
MFR will monitor Warranty Claims entry in a timely manner and will report to EPA once such specific emission-related defects exist in twenty-five (25) or more vehicles or engines of the same model year, per 40 CFR §85.1903(a)(2).
11. MANUFACTURER INFORMATION