OWNER’S WARRANTY RESPONSIBILITIES
As the vehicle owner, you are responsible for the performance of the required maintenance. You should maintain a record of all maintenance performed on your vehicle and retain all receipts covering maintenance on your vehicle. You may not be denied a warranty claim solely because of your failure to ensure the performance of all scheduled maintenance or lack of maintenance records or receipts. You are responsible for presenting your vehicle to an authorized dealer as soon as a problem exists. The warranty repairs should be completed in a reasonable amount of time, not to exceed 30 days. As the vehicle owner, you should be aware that you may be denied your warranty coverage if your vehicle or a part has failed due to abuse, neglect, improper maintenance, or unapproved modifications.
The Distributor warrants that each new 2010 and later vehicle:
• is designed, built, and equipped so as to conform at the time of initial retail purchase with all applicable regulations of the United States Environmental Protection Agency, and the California Air Resources Board; and
• is free from defects in material and workmanship which cause such vehicle to fail to confirm with applicable regulations of the United States Environmental Protection Agency or the California Air Resources Board for the periods specified above.
Your emission control system warranty covers components whose failure would increase an engine’s emission, including electronic controls, fuel injection system, carburetor, the ignition system, catalytic converter, or any other system utilized in this vehicle to control emission if it is originally equipped. Also included may be hoses, connectors and other emission-related assemblies. Replacing or repairing other components (including parts, labor, and other costs) not covered by this emission control system warranty or the standard warranty is the responsibility of the owner.
Coverage of repairs under this warranty applies only when repairs are completed at an authorized dealer or repair facility. The Distributor will not cover repairs performed outside of an authorized dealer or repair facility, except in an emergency situation. The use of replacement parts not equivalent to the original parts may impair the effectiveness of your vehicle’s emission control system. If such a replacement part is used and an authorized dealer determines it is defective or causes a failure of a warranted part, your claim for repair to bring your vehicle into compliance with applicable standards may be denied.
If an emergency situation exists when a warranted part or a dealer is not reasonably available to the owner, repairs may be performed at any available service establishment, or by the owner, using any replacement part. The Distributor shall reimburse the owner for the expenses, including diagnostic charges, not to exceed the Distributor’s suggested retail price for all warranted parts replaced and labor charges based on the Distributor’s recommend time allowance for the warranty repair and the geographically appropriate hourly labor rate. The owner may reasonably be required to keep receipts and failed parts in order to receive compensation.
This Emission Control System Warranty is in addition to the standard Limited Warranty.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
This warranty does not cover the following:
• Failures or malfunctions of the emission control systems caused by abuse, alteration, accident, misuse, the use of leaded gasoline.
• Replacement of expendable maintenance items unless they are original equipment defective in material or workmanship under normal use, and the first required replacement interval for the item has not been reached. Expendable maintenance items include but not limited to spark plugs, filters, coolant, lubricants, gaskets, hoses, and belts.
• Replacements of parts and other services and adjustments for required maintenance.
• Any vehicle equipped with an odometer or hour meter where the reading is altered so that actual mileage cannot be readily determined.
• Repairs or replacements as a result of accident, misuse, or use of replacement parts or accessories not conforming to original specifications which adversely affect performance.
• Physical damage, corrosion, or defects caused by fire, explosions or similar causes beyond the control of the Distributor.
• Failures not caused by a defect in material or workmanship.
Use of the vehicle in any type of competitive racing or related events immediately and completely voids this and all other warranties.
The liability of the Distributor under this Emission Control System Warranty is limited solely to the remedying of defects in material workmanship by an authorized dealer at its place of business during customary business hours. This warranty does not cover inconvenience or loss of use of the vehicle or transportation of the vehicle to/from the authorized dealer. The Distributor is not liable to any person for incidental, consequential or special damages of any description, whether arising out of express or implied warranty or any other contract,negligence or other tort or otherwise.
No express emission control system warranty is given by the Distributor except as specifically set forth herein. Any emission control system warranty implied by law, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited to the express emission control system warranty terms stated in this warranty. The foregoing statements of warranty are exclusive and in lieu of all other remedies. All express warranties not stated in this warranty are disclaimed. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply if it is inconsistent with the controlling state law.
No dealer is authorized to modify this Emission Control System Warranty. If you have any questions regarding your warranty rights and responsibilities, you should contact LINHAI POWERSPORTS USA CORP. at (844) 270-6081 (or you can write to LINHA POWERSPORTS USA CORP., 1775 Corporate Drive Suite 130, Norcross, GA 30093) or the California Air Resources Board, 9528 Telstar Avenue, El Monte, CA 91731 (for California registered vehicles only).